When Nature Calls
September 22nd - October 13th
Beautify, Unify & Showcase!
West Downtown, Downtown, EDo, Barelas, Wells Park, Nob Hill, International District, Indian Acres and @Midtown
This year's theme When Nature Calls brings focus to Planet Earth’s climate crisis and how it is effecting all life on this floating rock we call home. From California being on fire to Houston, Puerto Rico & Hawaii drowning in water and lava to New Mexico facing one of the worst droughts in history - we felt a need to bring our world community together through murals, music and culinary arts to highlight solutions we can all play a part in moving forward.
We aim to build off of last years success and good vibes where we had 45 muralists on 12 locations throughout Downtown, EDo and Wells Park. This year we plan to bridge the Central Corridor, blessing our city with positive pieces of art, celebrating Mother Earth and all she provides.
Sustainability, global warming, water protectors, farm-to-table, healthy eating habits and the strength of community to turn crisis into opportunity will be among the themes being painted in this year's festival.
We are bringing artists, non-profits, local businesses, neighborhood associations & main streets, The City of Albuquerque and You together to celebrate our culture and the path to a safer, more sustainable future.
Mural Fest 2018 calendar dates align with the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. We will be offering the million visitors to our city with exciting adventures in art, music and cuisine spurring economic growth for local businesses and our artist community.
Mural Fest is a catylist in the development of a more unified, safer, beautiful city. We go about this in several different ways:
• Offering a Festival Pass which has over 100+ businesses along the Central Corridor with free, cool stuff and discounts on goods and services. We want to drive as much traffic as possible to these struggling merchants suffering from the construction of the Albuquerque Rapid Transit project.
• The launching of The Hub ABQ: city guide, magazine, event calendar and on-line shop (August 2018). This is our love affair with The Land of Enchantment showcasing everything we do great! Offering marketing, design and consulting services to local businesses, non-profits and creators throughout New Mexico.
• Turn Albuquerque into an International Arts District for three weeks every year. We aim to keep the million visitors from Balloon Fiesta to stay in Albuquerque as well as attract art lovers from around the world. This will not only boost local, national and International tourism, but plant seeds of empowerment & pride in our local art scene.
• Form a non-profit alliance coalition: Mural Fest will offer non-profit organizations a space to share their mission online, in print and at several events throughout the festival along with year-round representation on The Hub ABQ. In doing so we want to plant seeds of communication and action steps that every organization can make to form greater partnerships with other civic-minded individuals and organizations.
• A marketing & promotional avenue for neighborhood associations, main streets, The City of Albuquerque, non-profits and our artist community. Mural Fest & The Hub ABQ are champions of our neighborhoods and their common mission moving forward as a safer, more economicly viable, inspiring place to raise a family. It has been proven that more foot traffic decreases crime and that murals squash vandalism while raising community pride and tourism.
For twenty two days we aim to turn Albuquerque into an International Arts District, featuring some of the worlds most renowned muralists along side New Mexico’s best. There will also be community walls where emerging artists, youth and the entire family will have the opportunity to create a piece together.
We are coordinating with local businesses and non-profits to offer dozens of art, music and culinary events throughout the festival. There will be a full calendar paired with the Festival Pass giving participants free entry and discounted deals to over 100 restaurants and local shops.
There will also be a film being shot throughout the festival interviewing people of all walks of life on their views of what they love about our city and how we can improve it.
Mural Fest is the foundation in which artists, non-profits and local businesses can roll their carts to, plant their seeds and dream up a brighter future for all citizens of our great city!
The problems we face as a city might be bigger than you, they might be bigger than me, but they are not bigger than you and me! Can you dig it?
Sofia Maldonado paint order all flat
paint codes from valspar
2 Gallons each
3 Gallons each
Check back soon for updates to the calendar!
Every day our community network is getting bigger and stronger!
Join us in making a better, safer, more beautiful Albuquerque.
Non Profit Organizations
We are here to support people & organizations that are working to make Albuquerque and the world a better place.
Who We Are
Curated by JP Eaglin and co-produced with Jay Spang, founders of The Hub ABQ. Mural Fest is a celebration of our city and all the beautiful people in it. If The Hub ABQ is our love affair with The Land of Enchantment, Mural Fest is our birthday, Christmas & New Year all wrapped up in one.
We run a creative design and production studio, Worldwide UnderGround, that creates experiences like Mural Fest & The Hub ABQ. Please check us out and lets build.
city guide • magazine • shop
Established in 2003, Worldwide UnderGround is a creative design & production studio making this world a better place one design at a time.
Worldwide UnderGround uses art, music & technology as catalyst in the development of youth leaders & stronger communities.